Do the stairs in your house keep you fit?

I have a two story home and with a baby I am always up and down, up and down the stairs. I feel like it's the only way I stay fit. I don't seem to gain weight even though I don't really do cardio exercise. Could my stairs be keeping me fit? Do yours? Did you notice a difference if you moved froma 2-story to a 1-story? Just wondering. This is my first house with stairs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was much more fit when I had stairs - it's like getting a workout without trying.
    Anonymous

• it helps
    Anonymous

• Unfortunately for me no :( i got stairs to basement where i do laundry and kids play area and upstrais our rooms and up and down on those stairs all the time but it doesnt keep me fit :( wish they did lol
    Anonymous

• I think they do help. They wore me out when we had stairs.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I have 5 kids and two sets of stairs in my house. One would think I was as skinny as Olive Oil...but alass I am not.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Stairs are cardio to, as well as strength excersise. They definately can be keeping you fit if you're up and down them even once a day. I know my stairs definately keep me fit. We live in a house built in 1889 and remodled in the '50's. The stairs are short and narrow. Seriously, so narrow that I can almost touch either wall with my shoulders.. Wider people are snug in there, it's crazy.. But they're steep and the treads are short, so it is quite a workout going up and down them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2009