IF your neighbors started trying to tell you how to do your laundry.. such as... YOU ARE FORBIDDEN TO HANG UP AKA LINE DRY YOUR CLOTHES.. How would that make you feel?? What would you do??

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1550683/THE_RIGHT_TO_HANG_UP_LAUNDRY_IN_DANGER_IN_UNITED_STATES

MAKEMYDAY101

Asked by MAKEMYDAY101 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• If I owned the property, then they can go stick it. If I rented, then unless my landlord makes a big deal of it, I'd tell them to go stick it too.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would ask them if I could use their dryer.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• hang it up anyway. tell them to show you where in your rental agreement does it say no clotheslines. im sorry but i use a clothesline all summer bc it takes so much off the electric bill.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Well if you are "forbiden" - you are forbiden. Most people get a copy of the HOA rules prior to moving in.... so they should know what is allowed and what is not.

Perhaps a compromise with a removable clothes line or one that rolls up into its self so there isnt a big clothes line perminately out. And the clothing be removed as soon as it is dry.

I think it should be pointed out that it is very green and that the homeowner with the line is willing to compromise.

Anonymous

• I would hang it up anyway. Until someone brings me some type of signed legal paper telling me I can't...
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would tell them to get off my property because thats the only way they could see if my laundry was on the line.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• for me I look at it as a matter of them trying to tell me how to spend my money.. They are telling me I am mandated to either go to a laundromat... or get a drier.. Which.. frankly. I don't think is their right. I don't tell them how to spend their finances. I mean good greif.. If I did I sure would tell them to quit buying and piling up all them used car's etc.. or worse yet.. the stinking line of "to be repaired lawn mowers...grrrrrr"
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If your neighborhood is nice enough that it bothers someone, than it's a problem.

If no one complains, you're home free.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I'd tell em to mind their own business or get another hobby.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 1:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Lol, when my grandpa died there was laundry on my line for a week.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2009