BEST MOMMY ADVICE

WHAT WAS THE BEST/USEFUL ADVICE THAT YOU HAD BEEN GIVEN ? OR THAT YOU DISCOVERED YOURSELF ?

I KNOW THERE'S ALOT OF GOOD ONES , BUT ONE OPR FEW THAT HAVE HELPED YOU A LOT !

THANKS !

happymom1988

Asked by happymom1988 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• That even though the phase you are going thru now seems hard, it will only last a couple of weeks then another phase will come and will put the last one to shame (my mother's comment on DD's insomnia, the next phase was tantrums, she was right, most phases only last 2-3 weeks and then something else comes along)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• CHILDREN NEED THE MOST LOVE WHEN THEY SEEM THE MOST UNLOVABLE.
    i keep this one in mind everyday because it never fails there will be something that gets me irritated and makes the kids throw a fit and if you remember this you can just sit down and give them a hug and you will both feel better.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My best advice is to play hide and seek with the kids and hide in the closet, then you will at least get a few moment of a dark and quiet place.....peace and quiet!
    54313MomOf4Boys

Answer by 54313MomOf4Boys at 1:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• World health organization recommends nursing til 2yo
    When DS only wanted 2b in my arms as an infant my cuzin said, enjoy it cuz once they start crawling they won't want 2b held as much. So true!
    We teach r babies to b comfortable in a wet r soiled diaper then we "potty train" them out of a habit we created. Diaper free is a better option
    Make time to work on ur relationship! This is important!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my sister told me that when your daughter screams "I hate you, you are the worst mom in the whole world" they you are doing things right.

LOL.... thank God I was prepaired. I smiled and said "oh honey, I know your mad and must be so upset right now to say that. I know you dont mean it and I still love you" then I walked out of the room........... she was dumbfounded and calmed right down.

Thanks sis!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• the best advise is that you don't have to take it.
    Anonymous

• the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.if you or your child meet up with an unruly(bully)child...look at the parents..not always but most of the times.and dont ever approach the parents.they are just as psyco....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It wasn't advice but it was definately something to think on: To be a good parent you must be just a little crazy, a little creative and have the patience of a saint.
    Anonymous

• Be consistent
    The smarter they are, the harder they are
    Choose your battles

Answer by rkoloms at 10:54 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• treat others the way you want to be treated

never spank a child in the face God has provided a better place

never judge a book by its cover
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:06 AM on Aug. 4, 2011