Need ideas on girl movies/shows and boy movies/shows.......

I am working on a school project and my topic is about movies/shows that are made for girls OR boys. I would like any movie ideas to watch with my kids and friends to decide what kind of show it is (geared towards girls or boys and why)

With having 4 boys, we will watch Dora, and my kids will want to turn it to Diego, because Dora is for "girls". Thinking back to my generation cartoons we had, it was My little ponies, and Strawberry Shortcake, and the boys had Transformers and Thundercats/He-man.

What are some more movies/shows that you can think of.....I would love to find some that were before the 80's to even show how we have evolved into more gender neutral shows.

54313MomOf4Boys

Asked by 54313MomOf4Boys at 1:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Even though I don't buy movies that are for girls or boys only, I can see your point. Would the Smurfs work? It was for both genders, but there was only Smurfette as a female?
    Anonymous

• Both my boys and girl watch Hannah Montana, Wizards of WP, Zach and Cody and iCarly.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Right now my son is watching Curious George, which my daughter would be watching if she weren't still at school.

They both also watch shows like "The Wiggles" (gak) "Imagination Movers" and "The Upside Down Show." There's a show called "The Fresh Beat Band" which annoys me, but is clearly non-gender geared.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2009