How long after?

how long after your baby wakes up in the morning....does he/she get sleepy again? My lo is 3 months and it seems like she starts getting really tired and fussy about an hour after she gets up....and she sleeps through the night! Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A baby that small is supposed to sleep 14 to 18 hours a day.
    Anonymous

• It's apparently normal for her. Babies have no clue what they are "supposed" to do. They do what they need to do as individuals.
    Anonymous

• Yes, especially at 3 months old! Very normal! My 15 month old always takes a morning nap 2 1/2 hours after she wakes up.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 1:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• they all have different sleeping patterns. mine still wakes up every cpouple hours through the night and has about 3 hours in the morning before she takes her only nap of the day which is about 3-4 hours long. she is 6months
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 1:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Jackson is 4 months old, sleeps 12 hours at night and wants to go to sleep 1-2 hours after he gets up. Then he sleeps for 2-3 hours and again, goes back to sleep after a couple hours. This repeats until he is down for the night. Sometimes I am concerned about how much he sleeps x.x
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My boy was sleeping like yours - every hour through the day, but it did not last long - asking for food at wake-up. Later he switched to 3 naps a day - every 3 hrs or so, sleeping 30-40 min at each nap. At nights (at 8 mnths) he wakes up still every 4-5 hours because of him being wet. He hates being wet and informs ofitat once. Hardly every he is hungry and gets something to eat at night (only when fussy to put him faster to sleep). If I take him for a longer stroll outside, read to him before his bed time, or he scries a lot (usually when somebody else takes over for me before bed time) than he sleeps longer through the night. To sum up - he is active around 11 hours, has about 2 hrs of nap-time at days, and sleeps the rest (11 hours). I made the habit of puting him in his crib every 3 hours, covering him with his blankie, giving him pacifier, and saying (sleep well). Now it's automatic command and he really f.asleep at blin
    Anonymous

• My son is 5 months old. For a few months now he wakes up around 7:30 am, eats, plays for a bit, and then takes a nap around 8:30 am. He STTN and usually that nap is 45 minutes or longer. My LO gets between 13 and 15 hours of sleep in any given 24 hour period.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Women have the most breastmilk in the early morning. It's hormonal. It's like cows, that's why farmers have to get up and milk cows early in the morning and they can't just sleep in and milk them at 10.

It's normal for a baby to wake up early and lounge around and nurse for a long time first thing in the morning. The baby gets mom's hormones through the milk and the hormones make the baby sleepy. The baby may dose or go back to sleep. This is the way it's supposed to be in nature.

I don't know what happens in formula fed babies. All formula is the same and it doesn't have the mother's hormones.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2009