SAHM, what to do about my SO's bday/christmas gift: we are kinda tight on money and i dont know what to get him.

I don't work so I get all money from my SO.what could I get him that won't be too expensive. I'm taking the money out of the money he's giving me for bills and stuff so he can't know about it. Any ideas?? Thanks mommies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• a new wallet? does he need a new one?
    Anonymous

• just because you are a sahm and he is the one bringing in the money should have no baring on what you spend on him. You shouldnt go over board if you dont have the money to do so.... but that would be the same advice if both of you were working. When you are a sahm it is still joint money. You are both working you have simply choosen to divide the family responsiblity in a more definded way.

Now if you are unmarried (you used the term SO) then you may have a different view point. But if you are married EVERYTHING is a joint effort... you have become ONE.
    Anonymous

• What are his interests and likes to get an idea of something relatively inexpensive. I like the wallet idea, maybe some cologne, catch a sale on something with his favorite sports team on it, a book that he likes, a DVD that he's been wanting, etc. There are all kinds of sales right now and I imagine you could get something neat for a really good price if you are able to shop around. You can also price check many places online and this would give you more ideas as well.
    Anonymous

• I have access to all our money so I buy what I want for him. I would never live with a man who gave me money for bills like I was a child. The account is in both our names and is our money. I would not buy him anything since he treats you that way he can buy himself something.
    Anonymous

• Are you crafty at all? Some of my hubby's favorite presents have been gifts I made for him. One year he bought a new camera which fit inside an Altoids tin. I bought some, emptied it out and cleaned it, then scrubbed the paint off and polished it up. I lined it with leftover fabric from my wedding dress (red velvet) and gave it to him. It cost a little over a dollar and took me about an hour to make but he used it to hold the camera for ages and now uses it to hold little bits and bobs at his office.

Think about something he might need. Does he leave his wallet and keys sitting on the dresser at night? You could make a nice valet dish for him. Does he drink beer? You could get a few fancy beers and a nice glass.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 2:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• We have no money for extra gifts this year so I am making him a coupon book of "favors". Some sexual favors, foot rub, back rub..... Should be fun. Good Luck
    Anonymous