Whats you definition of....

unconditional love??

Is there anyone in your life that you feel like you do show unconditional love to? What if they make horrid mistakes, or have character flaws that rub you the wrong way would you still love them with out condition? Be it your Son/Daughter or your spouse

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 1:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes. my oldest daughter is the kind of person i have avoided my whole life.....snoody, better than thou attitude and i love her just as much as any of my other children.
    Anonymous

• I think it means you will love them know matter what. Yes I have people I know that I feel like that about. My oldest DD. Even though we do not talk(she does not talk to me). I still love her. My DAD. We do not talk much, But I still love him. Just because you love a person unconditionally does not mean you put up with bad stuff they do.

Answer by louise2 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• well my mother and I went through some hard times. But I still loved her in those times and we are very close now. I consider that unconditional love
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Not sure. I will always love my kids but I am a conditional mom. If my kids grew up and murdered someone I would not stand by them. I would have a love for them... or for who they used to be.... but I wouldnt "be there" for them if they did something that horrendous.
    Anonymous

• You avoid her? or just those kinds of people sorry I am trying to understand
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 1:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I will always love my kids and husband. Does not mean I will always put up with everything they do. Love is not saying everything someone does is right. Sometimes it is making them mad by not allowing them do get away or do the negative things they do and suffer the consequences of their actions.
    Anonymous

• I first understood the meaning of "unconditional love" when my first baby was born. The moment I saw him, I knew, without a doubt, that I loved him and that I will always love him, no matter what. It doesn't mean that he'll be unable to disappoint me with bad decisions, or that I'll always worship the ground he walks on -- if he makes a bad enough decision, it will have consequences, like getting kicked out of my house if he were to turn to drugs or other destructive behavior as an adult -- but that I'll love him despite anything that ever happens. I'm not sure it was possible for me to understand the totality of that before I had my son; in principle, I feel that way about my husband, as well, but that's a love that was grown into -- it was much more potent for me when it happened all at once with the birth of my first baby.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i only love my son like that. he could do anything i would love him no less. everyone else is differnt and has tolive up to my standards (which arent too high, stuff like --- dont cheat on me, dont abuse me, dont stab me in the back.... easy stuff like that) and if my dh, my parents, my friends went too far the wrong way in the way they treated me... they wuold be outta my life... but i would never throw my son out of my life for anything.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous;

love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly;

it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,

does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;

bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails...But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7,13

Love is patient,
    True love is unconditional, that is, it does not depend on the attributes or lack thereof of the person loved, therefore, it is willing to give as much time necessary, and as much space as necessary for that person to grow.

love is kind and is not jealous;
    Love seeks to give others something of benefit for their welfare, and consequently, rejoices when they do benefit
    Anonymous

• is not provoked,
    Selfishness seeks to manipulate others by stimulating certain selfish emotions. Love will not do this to others, nor will it let it happen to itself.

does not take into account a wrong suffered,
    Forgiveness. Let it go. Bitterness is the acid. You are the container. Get rid of it or it will kill you.

Anonymous