financial aid for school

does anyone know how i can get some kind of financial aid for school for this january? i took a semester off to have my baby and now i'm returning in january. i know you can fill out the forms for school but i think it doesn't apply until the following year. is there any other way i can get money for school by then? i never really needed to apply until now. before i was only taking one class at a time. thank you.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in

• http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 1:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• hurry mommy, do all that paper work that Gealach linked you to. It takes time to go back and forth between the school and them. Once you get your fafsa pin number which should be within a couple of hours to day you can go to sallie mae and sign up. My kids didn't have to go to the school for anything in paperwork. It was all done between sallie mae and college with notifcations of anything missing and signables to us. Email notification is important to have too.

Be very very careful with the amount you need.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You can get financial aid for Jan. If you didn't fill out the FAFSA that's the first step. Go to the financial aid section of the website of the college you will be attending and find out what else you need to do.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I think it's too late. At my school all financial aid has to be done at least 3months before distribution. The las finacial aid distribution is happening now. If you go to a school you might ask them about help. If you do not you might go to your state website and look up financial aid info on there. Like I live in Indiana and I can got to Indiana.gov and look up financial aid. They have a ton of phone numbers that I can call to get help. Hopefully that might help you. Good luck!
    amanru8

Answer by amanru8 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• you better get on there and apply ASAP then its just a waiting game to see if it goes through. I kinda think you waited too long. Talk to your college and see what the process is as far as how long thungs take.
    Anonymous

• You are more than likely to late to get financial aid for January. The deadline was in July. You waited way to long to apply. At this point in the process, most of the funds have been given away. You should call your school's financial aid office, fill out the FAFSA app on line and pray that there is still funds left. BTW, the FAFSA is NOT aid, grants or anything else but the federal application for financial aid. It is how schools and the feds determine what you MAY be eligible for. Good luck.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I dont think its too late but hurry! My school would let the account balance lapse until financial aid kicked in as long as there was an award letter. But it does take a while to get a decision so HURRY!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 6:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2009