adopting a little girl....

Ok, so I am wondering what I should do. There is a little girl I keep alot. Her parents are unfit. Partying all the time, leaving her with me more than they keep her. She doesnt know her parents well....when she asks where they are....she instantly says bye bye because she knows thats what is always associated with them. She calls me mommy...my husband daddy. Should I fight to keep her...and take her out of that horrible environment? or let her stay with her parents....and never know them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• keep her.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Talk to a social worker/family law atty just so u know ur rights. Have u called the state's dept of family n children's services? If parents r ok with it then it'll be easy, but if they're not...then its best to know ur rights.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Keeping her sounds like a good idea but don't do it without the help of a lawyer and either parental consent (i.e. they agree to terminate their parental rights) or Child Protective services. My guess is that you'll find that this isn't as easy as it sounds to actually do (FYI. I'm an adoptive parent so I've been through some of this).
    Anonymous

• just be careful because you could bring it up to them and then they could take her to another caregiver or keep her and be unsafe....you may not see her again...so i agree see what you can find out and talk to a lawyer
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 5:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would say keep her. But do it the legal way and go through with a lawyer...
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• it might be a good idea , as we all know that childrens right comes first, try to talk to a social worker about your idea thank so much for the warm heart
    chipo866

Answer by chipo866 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 20, 2009