How much more expensive is it?

To buy organic? I'm usually on a tight budget so I don't know if this is possible for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I looked up Sunflower Market's sales for the week. Organic apples are 99 cents. I made apple crisp with those last night. Organic onions 77 cents. They have a lot of meat on sale this week. The meat is all natural and some is organic. It doesn't have antibiotics. Beef roast is $2.99. Boneless chicken breast $1.67.

Fresh all natural never frozen turkeys for $1.27. That's what we will have for Thanksgiving. My son is setting aside a 10 pound one so it will only be around $13.

We are spoiled on the meat and don't get meat from other places even if it's on sale.

Organic and better meat doesn't alway cost a lot more.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• In my state when it comes to chicken or meat its usually 2 bucks more. Veggies and fruits I dont know about .75 cents somewhere around there.
    Anonymous

• well not everything has to be organic, if you eat the skin of a fruit you should buy the organic of that. but like an orange. the pesticide is on the skin, you dont eat it, it doesnt matter as much... i know about milk because i have to have the organic kind. it costs about 3 bucks for a half gallon and the regular milk is about 3 bucks a gallon (so twice as much but it does taste that much better) to me i would rather us drink the whole half gallon, then be dumping out the left over regular milk at the end of the week because no one likes it.. that is what you ahve to be careful of --- it is hard to go back to foods that dont taste as good, so make sure you can commit to what you try...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My son works at a grocery that's mostly organic. They have fantastic sales and you can get many organic things at very reasonable prices, including meat. They have great bison every so often. We get about 90% of our food there. I buy what's on sale and usually only that day's food so we have 0 food waste.

His store is Sunflower Market and they are doing great and opening new stores. I think they are in AZ, NV, NM, CO, and maybe a couple of other western states.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It really more expensive for organic. I really dont think that buying organic vegetables is necessary. They have to put something on them to keep the bugs away. I buy organic milk because i live around daries & know what goes on.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2009