broke my tooth!!!

i called the dentists office and the closest appointment they could get me is not untill february 16th! i got some temporary filling material but how long will that work? will it keep the break from decaying? is it safe to use for long periods of time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Health

• Call a different dentist.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 2:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• what???? They should be fitting you in alot sooner to check it out - call another dentist and first tell them that you're hurting could they fit you in sooner or you'll need to see another.

When I broke a tooth my dentist took me in next day to make sure of where/how it was broken and to stabilize it until a regular appointment for it could be had.

Teeth can have fractures and be splinted. I learned that from a fence fall of my daughter's when I took her to CHOP's pediatric dentistry. Fortunately her wasn't fractured.

Give them another call.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I agree. You don't have to go to that particular dentist.
    Anonymous