Do you find that people who use foul language as part of their everyday vocab offensive? Just wondering if you use it in your everyday life around your kids and such.

I do not use it normally because I don't want my children to think it is ok. I also find that it just makes people sound uneducated if they use it on a regular basis.

lovinmy3babs

Asked by lovinmy3babs at 2:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• I agree with you. My husbands parent's use it every time they speak and it really makes them sound like trailer trash.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I cuss like a drunken sailor, and there's nothing wrong with me. My kids don't cuss, because I tell them it's adult language, and that when they grow up, they can do it all they want.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I don't swear, dh is HORRIBLE (he works in construction....they're terrible)

I agree with the sounding uneducated too.

I only let it slip occasionally when I hurt myself or something happens (stub toe, drop something, etc....) but its pretty rare. although if its bad and the kids are around.....
    Anonymous

• I've gotten worse and worse over the years. Everyone speaks horribly at my office, myself included. I try not to in front of my kids, but it does slip out.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I cuss ALLOT, and I am not proud of it. I try very hard to quit and try to find other words to use. I don't want my kids thinking I am trashy, cause I think I sound ignorant when I cuss allot.
    Juicy_Mom_of_2

Answer by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• SO and I have potty mouths be we dont swear in frnt of our son. our roommate is total opposite. I have told him to watch his language but he doesnt think about it. I am prepared with what to say next time he does and it wont be pretty
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• sorry my spelling sucks today. I didnt have my coffee lol. I meant to write "potty mouths BUT we don't...etc....etc"
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I do not swear around my children, ever.
    Anonymous

• I agree, if every other word that comes out of a person's mouth is a cuss word, they sound uneducated. I utter the occasional bad word, usually when I'm with my friends complaining about stuff, but it's not part of my everyday vocab and I never say it in front of my kids.
    Anonymous

• I think people who use profanities all the time are trashy and do not sound very intelligent. I avoid them and don't want people like that around my kids.
    Anonymous