Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get financial support....

Hello moms,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any ways that I can apply for some sort of financial grant or support? Either state (I live in NY) or federal aid because all of his therapies are really taking a financial toll on my family. I don't want to stop anything but to get some money will be a god send.

Any help ??

Answer Question

Asked by bigmama96 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • You can look for scholarships here:


    Answer by rkoloms at 4:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • I am looking for some financial help paying for my sons therapies and treatments. Not any educational grant. He is 5 and It is something I will need in the future but I didnt' know if there was any help for those families with a child who is autistic since much is not covered.

    Answer by bigmama96 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • Are there any autism support groups near you? Those families might know about programs and helps. Also ask whoever is running the group. I know NY State has some great resources through the school system for autistic kids. Whether they match your son's needs or not, I don't know. Ask you family doctor about options. Ask your therapists as they would know where their payments are coming from. So if there is anything out there, they may have been paid by it. Hope these help. It's a rough slog.

    Answer by oddfox at 1:22 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.