How do I start babysitting?

I'm a stay at home mom and love it when their little friends come over for playdates. I'd like to start babysitting in my home and don't know how to get started or what to charge. I don't know too many people who need a babysitter so I'd hae to advertise I guess. But how do I go about doing it? I'm in south Jersey.

Shyma

Asked by Shyma at 2:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Money & Work

• try putting an ad out on craigslist, do an interview with the potential family and see how you like it. Also, you could get yourself involved with a local moms group and offer your services there. Tell family members and friends to spread the word. Word of mouth is the best advertisement.
    PhiLLy-StyLe

Answer by PhiLLy-StyLe at 4:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Find out what is required to become licensed.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• First of all I would go and apply for a License. People are too sue happy right now. & dont take this as a negative to start because If you love kids this is the way to go. Good Luck & My Prayers are with You.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 8:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2009