is spoting normal in the first trymester

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• for lots of people it is. keep an eye on it and tell your doctor, especially if it increases.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 2:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I had brown spotting and called my doc right away. She got me in the same day. Red spotting is definately not good. My doc said that it was probably old blood from my last cycle. I would call immediately!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 3:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• call ur dr i had it with 2 of my preg, and everything is fine im not in my 1st trimester with my 3rd and doing it again they are running all the test but so far everything look good good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I'm about 5 weeks along and it had been happening to me for the past 3-4 days, if its not bright red and period like I dont think you should worry about it. I called the nurse at my Doc's office and she said that for some people that is normal..If you feel that you should call your Doc do it, for peace of mind, but I wouldnt worry about it...
    Anonymous

• yes i think it's normal. i wouldn't worry about it. :) sometimes spotting can precede a miscarriage but there is really no way to know or to prevent that so there is no reason to go to the doctor imo. but like i said, it's really normal and try not to worry! good luck!
    Anonymous