a little too much spice in my red beans and rice

Okay so I'm making red beans and rice for the first time as requested by my boyfriend. I seemed to have used a little too much tobasco sauce.. it's not terribly spicy but more so than we like it to be.. it has 2 more hours of cooking to go. anyone have any suggestions on how to lessen the spice? I've been told it can be done, just not sure how.

alinker

Asked by alinker at 3:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• add a little sugar
    abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Are you using canned tomatoes in it? I do and if it's too spicy add a can or another can of tomatoes to absorb some of the spices.
    Anonymous

• I dont know what your receipe calls for. I have always let the person eating the beans to put their own tabasco sauce. My Beloved likes everything hot & I cant. so thats the way i work it.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Add more rice & the right amount of water. Drink beer or milk along with it, and eat a slice of bread with it, to cut the spice as you eat.
    Anonymous