Is thirteen years too many????

My husband (37) and I (35) are considering having another child..... however our son is 12 and would be around 13 for the new baby. What are your thoughts on such an age gap? I'd like to hear from any moms in a similar situation.... is it harder now that your older or easier now that your wiser???? Thanks Mommas!!!!

kittkatt9674

Asked by kittkatt9674 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would have more if I could, my youngest is 10.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 3:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I have a sister 12 years older than me. We weren't close as I was growing up... she was my baby sitter lol. But I'm closer to her than I am to the siblings are 2 and 3 years younger than I. It's about personality, and not about age.

I also have a friend who was 13 when her youngest sibling was born. No biggie :) Your son will adjust.

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It'll make him more caring and mature... you should be asking him not us :) good luck
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 7:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My oldest son is 19 & my youngest daughter is 3. He's always been really great with her. She loves him to death.
    Anonymous

• DO IT!!!
    Anonymous

• I say do it. My oldest son is 14 and youngest is 14mths old now. They love each other to death and have their play time on a daily basis than my teens off to do what they do. Im actually trying for my 3rd and last.
    Bellisimarose

Answer by Bellisimarose at 9:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• IMO yes you should have tried sooner. 13 years is too big of a gap.
    Anonymous