pot with strainer lid

I want to buy a pot with a lid that can be used as a strainer for a christmas gift but I heard that the lids fall off many of them and your food ends up in the sink. Have you found one with a locking lid that actually stays on when you empty the juice/water? Also, is there a brand that should be avoided?

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 3:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I think it's the people that determine whether the lid falls off! LOL! We have one, nothing fancy, the handles come up over the lid just a little ( enough to hold it on while pouring). I've never dumped the food in the sink.........hubby does it every time! : )
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My pots & pans are over 40 years old & let me tell you that you never have any left over juice or water. They are totally waterless. I purchased some of the set at a thrit store years ago. Ebay has some on there right now. They are called Miracle-Maid by Westbend. I really dont know why the discontined them because they cook healthy & are wonderfull & energy saving. The lids form a real tight seal & are hard to get off.
    Jodie269

Answer by Jodie269 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• we bought ours from ikea and it works really well! thats the one i suggest!
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Princess house has one. The reason the lid falls off & the food falls in the sink with some of them is because the user isn't holding the lid on - they're not meant to just be a quick one-handed pour, you have to hold the lid on with any one you buy!
    Anonymous