swaddling

howlong do you swaddle a baby? my baby is 6 months old now and she seems to only sleep comfortably when she's swaddled, but i'm looking for a new sleepsack for her and the ones for her size don't have the swaddling part to it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• http://pregnant.thebump.com/new-mom-new-dad/newborn-basics/qa/when-to-stop-swaddling.aspx
    "We recommend that parents stop swaddling their babies by three or four months of age. At this time, most full term infants are acclimated to life outside of the womb and no longer crave the constriction of a swaddle.

It is actually extremely important to give babies over four months old the freedom to move at night. When we stop swaddling our children we were astonished to see how much they traveled around their crib during the night. They scooched and flopped from one end to the other, several times a night! Babies may look peaceful when they sleep, but don't be fooled. They are actually doing important exercise while they slumber."

Answer by Bmat at 3:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my daughter liked to be swaddled till about 8 mo old at night.. and now she is perfectly normal happy 2 year old... so I don't see the harm... YOu can sew a sleep sac yourelf for basicly nothing.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I stopped swaddling my son around 1month he is 3 months now. What i did was I would swaddle him at night but during his naps i would lay him on his back ith out the swaddle, then slowly weened him off, but then every time he moved his hand he would wake up his hands would always go straight to his face, so i started experimenting ith sleep positions during nap time i would lay him down in diffrent positions to see wich one he slept longer in (his stomach) now thats how he sleeps, and he sleeps for hours
    DestinesMommy

Answer by DestinesMommy at 4:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2009