Why wait after a miscarriage?

I had a miscarriage a few weeks ago. It happened naturally and very early in the pregnancy- I was only 5 weeks (3 weeks from conception). My beta levels were checked twice to confim, and they were very low- 8 and 4, I think. Still, the doctor suggested waiting two months before trying again. Does anyone know if there is any good reason to follow her advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can do what you want to do. You are grown right? what the doctor say is just a suggestion. Not a, you have to do this type thing.

Answer by louise2 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I had a miscarriage in 2005 and was advised by my doctor to have three normal cycles before trying again. I got pregnant about 2 weeks later and never had the first cycle. Everything was fine....he is a happy and healthy almost 4 year old today.

I don't know why doctor's give that advice...maybe gives your body's hormones a chance to line out before starting another pregnancy? Just a guess. I need to Google it now!

I am not advising you one way or the other. Just letting you know how things worked out for me. Good luck!

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 3:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Wait a little bit for your body to heal and for your cycle to get back on track. I myself had a m/c earlier this year and now I am currently almost 9 weeks pregnant
    Anonymous

• So you will know your date. Your MC doesnt "count" as a period. So its harder to determine a due date if you get pregnant before you have a couple of cycles. The first cycle after a miscarriage sometimes is a bit "off" so waiting until your more established in a cycle just makes it easier to date the pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• I got pregnant right after my first miscarriage. I wasn't ttc. In fact the opposite. We wanted to wait to heal. Phyically and emotionally. I was 6 weeks when I miscarried and we got pregnant right away. And then we lost that baby too. We were devastated. And then it took forever for my period to get regular again.

I wish you luck with what ever you choose.
    angelmom713

Answer by angelmom713 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Thank you for all your answers. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 20, 2009