Leaking amniotic fluid??

I'm 35 weeks pregnant and this morning, I felt a wetness in my undies. I went to the bathroom and pulled them off. It wasn't a lot...just enough to dampen my underwear. From what I could tell, it was clear in color and didn't have a urine smell. I've been having braxton hicks pretty regularly but don't think they are real contractions. I've called my doctor and waiting for a call back. My question is, did you have anything like this and if so, how did it turn out??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no my water broke at 41 weeks. i think you did the right thing calling your doctor since you are just 35 weeks. i have read that if you lay down for 10 minutes, then sit up, if you sac has ruptured, more liquid will come out so maybe you can try that while you wait. good luck! =)
    Anonymous

• sometimes a small tear in the sac leaks but will self repair. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. the fluid is constantly replaced.

if it is urine do kegels to strengthen the muscles.

sometimes the vagina is just self cleaning. i called it swamp crotch.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• "sometimes the vagina is just self cleaning. i called it swamp crotch. "

yea i was also thinking it might just be discharge, or sweat. :)
    Anonymous

• probably discharge when your water breaks it wont stop leaking and it's alot more then just a little at this point it's most likely discharge
    Anonymous