What are you getting your kids for Chrismas and how much do you plan on spending per kid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had to spread my 11 month old's gifts out for her birthday (Dec. 12th) and Christmas. I got her a few small things and 1 or 2 big things and am somehow going to split them up between the 2 occasions. I think I spent about $250-$300 on her, but again, that's for 2 occasions.

I got my 3 year old a toy cash register, a toy shopping cart, leapfrog Tag system with 3 books, Dora's backpack (really cute, it comes with "map" and other stuff), a couple new pairs of warm jammies, and something else I can't think of right now. Hers probably adds up to about $200. She also just had a birthday in October so I figure with "Santa" coming, gifts from other fam members etc, she didn't need me to overload her with gifts like I did the previous years!

I'm so glad I got there shopping out of the way, what a relief!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• We plan to spend $75-100 on our DS who is 3 this year. We are getting him a large dump truck to play with, some toy cars, and some age appropriate legos. we might also get some play dishes and a stuffed animal if I can find a cute cat (his favorite animal)
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• well my kid is 21 : ) and he wants tattoo number 4, so I want to try and get it for him.
    Anonymous

• Not much! We are on such a tight budget that we have to watch every penny. My boys(14 and 8) will get some clothes and maybe a couple of books and also a gag santa gift. They will get more from their grand parents. We have never gone over board with gifts, they know they may not get as much as some but they get more than many children out there. We started early with the difference between want and need. I refuse to raise spoiled children with intitlement issues. I see that every day and it makes me sick and worried for our future. We have always given lightly at christmas and birthdays, even when we had plenty of money, they know they get what they have to have all the time and just little thing often. We also put more into our budget for travel. They are happy!
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 4:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I expect to spend approx. $150 to $200 per child. I'm trying to decide what I think they will enjoy most and also what we have room for.
    Anonymous

• Well, we only have one daughter and we spent about $200 on her.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I have no idea; they haven't written their letters to Santa. Santa only brings 3 gifts per child (hey, that's all Jesus got and it's His birthday!), and 1 is usually a big ticket item ($85-$150.) My DH and I will give them clothes, books and games. So, it ends up being about $400 total.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 4:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I will probably spend between one and two hundred on dd, but I'm not sure what I'm getting her yet. I Plan to start my shopping next week sometime and continue buying here and there until the big day. Plus, my parents generally spend about the same amount on her as well.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 5:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My kids are getting 4 gifts a pice from us and then what ever Grandma and other family members get them. I bought almost everything on clearnece alread.

Megan is 3 she is getting a baby alive doll -16.00
    side walk chalk 2.00
    dress up set 5.00
    mold and play bath soap 5.00
    Her birthday is also one week after christams so for that she is getting
    Art Easel 70.00
    baby doll Highchair 25.00
    baby alive accessories 30.00
    And some clothes

Alivia is getting
    toy remote 15
    toy cell phone 10
    baby lullaby gloworm 10
    And a caterpiller alphabet pal 20
    Her birthday is christmas eve (we will celebrate a week early) And I have no idea what she will get for that yet If anybody has any ideas PM me with them LOL
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I don't have an exact amount as we are on a very limited budget this year. I have a few things in mind. For my son some cars or a monster truck and some little play grocery items (he likes to pretend he is our waiter or that he is a chef) and maybe something he can "build". For my daughter, probably some rattles, other chew friendly things as she is teething and some clothes. I really just want to go look around a little to see what all I think is appropriate for them to have.
    Anonymous