Has anyone taken their child to see a rheumatologist?

My 10 year old daughter has been having a lot of back pain and her ped. is referring us to a rheumatologist but didn't give us a lot of details why. Has anyone had to go to this type of specialist?

Sarahbunee

Asked by Sarahbunee at 4:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• My kids didn't ever have to go, but I go to a rheumatologist. Maybe he wants to have her checked for juvenile arthitis? I go for sjogrens syndrome which is related to rheumatoid arthritis.

Answer by missanc at 7:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My orthopedist had me go to a rheumatologist for the possibility of rheumatoid arthritis. It was an extremely thorough exam. and there was blood work. Go with any and all questions that you have. Write them down as you think of them, so you don't forget them. I should also mention that the guy I went to way very kind and gentle.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My son was 15 months old when I had to take him..he has JRA in his right knee...he is now 15 yrs old and over the years we have treated him mostly doing normal kid stuff what ever his limitations were he knew how he felt....we tried many things over the years to help him pain with over the counter meds...heat...and plenty of exercise that is what helps keep the pain and inflammation down
    GAHOWDY

Answer by GAHOWDY at 7:48 AM on Oct. 12, 2010