Has anyone taken their child to see a rheumatologist?

My 10 year old daughter has been having a lot of back pain and her ped. is referring us to a rheumatologist but didn't give us a lot of details why. Has anyone had to go to this type of specialist?

Sarahbunee

Asked by Sarahbunee at 4:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Well I did take my son to see one when he was about 5 or 6. He was complaining about pain in his knees. I will be honest with you, I don't remember very much about what the Dr. did because his attitude really upset me. Mind you he wasn't mean or anything but he thought I should allow my two year old who was with me to climb on his window sill, we were 6 stories in the air! Granted the window didn't open but what if she tried that on a different window?

Anyhow, I remember that they had him run down the hallway, and did some physical tests like that but he reacted just fine and the Dr. couldn't see anything or feel anything out of the ordinary. They may have ran a blood test, but that was okay too. Sorry I am not much help, but it shouldn't be an ordeal when she goes.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:26 PM on Nov. 24, 2009