Could I have PPD?

I think I may have ppd but I am not sure.

I had my youngest on oct 27. At first I was ok, but for the last 2 weeks I have been having these strange feelings and dreams. I feel like I am not good enough to be this lil girls mom. I feel like I am not good enough to even be the mom of my other 2 girls. I feel like I am no good at all. I keep having dreams that the kids are taken away from me for some reason, and its almost like I dont care {I would care if they were in real life}. I keep having feelings like everything that I do and say is not good enough. I feel like this baby does not like me {or my other 2 girls for that matter}. When I hold her she does nothing but cry, the second daddy takes her, she is quiet. My older 2 {who are 4 and 21 months} do not want to listen to me no matter what I say or do, but as soon as daddy says something they listen to him.

Melmomof2girls

Asked by Melmomof2girls at 4:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Health

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 4:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• It could be. Id talk to your dr and explain your feelings. Maybe you need a prescription to get you through the next couple of weeks/months. Maybe you just need counseling. GL I had bad baby blues but they lasted only a week after I had dd. I had very bad thoughts and am happy they didnt last. Id talk to someone about it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• its just because dad isn't there all the time, thats normal not you.

yeah go get some help chick
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:56 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I WOULD AGREE GO TALK TO YOUR DR
    mommam58122

Answer by mommam58122 at 5:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I would agree with everyone else. It is quite possible and you need to speak to your doctor. It could be as simple as talking to someone to help feel better or perhaps a pill.
    CelticMom82

Answer by CelticMom82 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009