For those who have the mirena IUD TMI is possiable

I've had mine for almost two years. Ive never had spotting or a period this whole entire time, and when I went to the restroom There was some blood when I wiped. Is it normal to not have a period for all this time then all of sudden do? I just moved to NY so I haven't got a obgyn up here yet.

armywife2009101

Asked by armywife2009101 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Health

• Mmm...I'm not sure. I am on my Mirena #2, but my periods have all but disappeared. With #1, I always had a light one. You may want to try a local health center. Good Luck!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 5:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I hated that thing. i took it out and lost 10 pounds. I think it messes up your system.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 6:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I have had mine almost a year already and a couple months no cycle other months very light but lasted light a week or more. If your still feeling uneasy about it, I would get an appt.
    Dreasmommie

Answer by Dreasmommie at 6:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I hate that thing too...I ended up pregnant and it did permanent damage to certain areas down there!

Sorry I did not have anything useful...I think it is probably normal though.
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009