How to lose?

I would like to lose weight. (dont we all!) However, I am feeling very confused. It seems as though every weight loss plan out contradicts one another. I dont have extra money to pay for a trainer or a nutritionist and would like to lose weight in a healthy way. Where should I start?

hotmama2733

Asked by hotmama2733 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• You do know that when you take diet pills or do programs like jenny craig you also need to work out?? You cant just take a pill and expect the excess weight to fall off. So really working out and eating healthy is the only way to go.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 5:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Honestly you dont need a trainer,eat clean,drink lots of water,workout(walking,running)also incorporate strength training into your routine.I lost 144 pounds this way.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 5:50 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Diets and diet aids are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I understand your frustration. Have you ever tried a low glycemic weight loss plan? If I were in your shoes I wouldn't know where to start either. If you would like to look into what is called The Reset, just visit www.getyourbodyback.usana.com I have used it as well as helped others. Good Luck!
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 12:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2009

• You simply have to make a lifestyle change!! I did start counting calories (1500 per day) and began exercising and have gone from 143 to 111 since March of this year. I did it all at home starting with the Wii Fit and jazzercise on tv and then starting running. Now I run and workout with Jillian Michaels dvds and feel AMAZING.
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• BIKINI BOOTCAMP BOOK. I LOST WEIGHT WAS NEVER HUNGRY TH EFOOD IS GREAT I DIDNT EVEN DO TH E WHOLE WORKOUT PROGRAM TOSCA RENOS EATING CLEAN IS A GREAT START TO EATING HEALTHY
    lilobrat

Answer by lilobrat at 2:03 AM on Nov. 24, 2009