Did you bank your babys cord blood?

If you did, why? and if you did not are you worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did not do it and I am not worried. I think paid cord banking is a bit of a scam. It is my understanding that you are more likely to be helped by a big public bank someday than by your one single saved deposit of cord blood. I looked into donating, which is free, but my hospital was not in an area that accepted donations.
    Anonymous

• I did but have since canceled my account. It's just so much money with a SLIGHT chance she'll ever need it and that's IF the blood helps.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I did and don't regret it one bit. In my state, you can't use cord blood but it is banked in New Jersey (across country) so if we need it we will go there. I don't think it's to much money either. I pay $112 per year. We banked because there are entirely too many diseases in our families, that we wanted to be prepared.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• We adopted. But if I gave birth, I would have used these services.
    DaphneMae

Answer by DaphneMae at 8:59 AM on Nov. 21, 2009