Birthday Dinner for dh

Need help. Planning a birthday party here at our house for my dh on his 40th. Approxiametly 35 people are coming and I haven't figured out what dinner is gonna be. I'd like a restaurant to cater it, but not sure what type of food. Want feed back from any of you as to catering experiences. Would like the dinner to be buffet style around 5:30 on a Saturday. What do you think I should do that is simple yet filling? And I'm on a budget.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Food & Drink

• i would just barbeque. men love meat, so do chicken, hamburgers, and hot dogs. get a cheese and cracker plate, and make some spaghetti salad. i hav ea recipe that will feed a million people for spaghetti salad if oyu want it.
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 5:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• For catering you could do italian or bbq. I guess it depends what your budget is. Is the party a fancy one or a really layed back one. If it is laid back you can do sub sandwiches and pasta salad thing like that.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 5:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I love these ideas. At first I was thinking since it's winter and colder outside, I should order a hot meal for everyone, but, sandwhiches and pasta salad sound very filling.
    Anonymous

• Its Saturday Chili and all the fixins, Hot Dogs and chili sauce and the works, Chili cheese fries great Football foods and Brownies, and ice cream cake. For drinks Orange, Root BEER, GRAPE CRUSHES IN THE BOTTLES
    myzero

Answer by myzero at 9:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If you are on a budget, then why don't you cook. You can make an freeze pizza ahead of time; warm and cut into small squares (as an appetizer); other great appetizers: chips and salsa, hummus with cut vegetables and pita chips, etc.

For the main course, you can do a chili bar: make red and white chilis, and have lots of sides: pasta, shredded cheese, diced avocado, sliced olives, diced onions, etc.

Let me know if you need any recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:53 AM on Nov. 20, 2009