10 week old won't take a bottle! Any suggestions?

So, my daughter is 10 weeks old. I have gone back to work half days two days per week. Anibelle has taken a bottle (pumped milk) a handfull of times, but lately refuses. The last thing I want to worry about is if she is eating while I am gone:( I'm using Medela bottles right now, the ones that came with my breast pump. Does anyone have a brand/type that thier baby took to? And any suggestions on how to get her to accept the bottle? I was thinking of just replacing one feeding per day, but so far I've just given in and breastfed.

Thanks for the help

km1217

Asked by km1217 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try the platex nursers I think that is what they are called. Tey are more like a real nipple. My son did the same thing and we just had to look around and try different bottles. Those worked for him!
    sarahlu2009

Answer by sarahlu2009 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• If she can be brought to you at lunch to breastfeed then she might not have to have any bottles. Some breastfed babies don't want to have anything to do with bottles. There are some that are shaped more like a breast that breastfed babies may like better.

It would be nice to be able to go back to work with no worries. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I ended up having to quit my job because my baby would cry the whole time I was gone.

There are breastfeeding working moms at www.mothering.com discussion boards that may have some suggestions.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• How long are you gone?
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 5:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I am gone for around 4-6 hrs. I would also just really like to be able to go out for a drink with my husband also, and not worry about having to feed too close to having a glass of wine etc.
    km1217

Answer by km1217 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• 4-6 hours she can probably do with a feeding and then she will make up for it when you are home... Leave the milk and if she drinks it, she drinks it. You can also have someone try a regular cup, or sippy with the no-spill valve taken out. Tip cup, baby takes a sip.
    As for going out with hubby... 1-2 drinks is fine. Nurse right beforehand... if you are safe to drive, you're safe to nurse, so if you're gone for 2-3 hours you should be fine.

My first never took a bottle, some babies don't... you just get around it. They grow up soon enough, don't worry!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009