Did you buy your child a birthday present for their 1st birthday?

I am just wondering. My daughters birthday is coming up and we are going all out for her party, but my hubby and I were thinking what should we get her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I went all out on both my kids 1st birthday's there first christmas's were fun to My daughter liked carbears and stuff so I eneded up buying her carebear flash cards, coloring books, and toys oh and clothes!! oh ans sippy's becasue I took her off the bottle the day after her birthday. then on her 1st christmas "santa" bought her a potty chair lol
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I bought small gifts for my kids' first bithrthdays. One cute thing I have recently seen for little girls is the My First Purse set. A special book would also be nice, and you could write a message to your daughter in the front cover.
    Anonymous

• Of course! We just had a family party.

I got my grandson a really big plastic ball for his 1st birthday and it was his favorite present. He also liked bamboo salad forks that he walks around holding and hits things with.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yes. But I just got them 1 gift that I knew they would enjoy playing with. My Mom went overboard on all of the kids though.
    Anonymous

• We didn't even have a party for my son's first birthday. He won't remember it and at the time we were packing to move into our first home. My mom and sisters bought him gifts, but the hubbs and I didn't. We're going to do something next year for him though.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• OF COURSE! We always get them a ride on bike at their 1st b-day!!! EVen if you do something small I would celebrate their 1st b-day!
    Anonymous