I am Pregnant, 10weeks. My boss is asking me to look for another job?

can boss fire me? I didn't nothing wrong, his wife dislikes me. this is a mom-pop shop.

kittyfat

Asked by kittyfat at 6:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• In most cases a boss can fire someone for any reason. If it's not a good reason you may be able to collect unemployment.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• he cannot fire you or ask you to leave. its a lawsuit.
    Reannen8607

Answer by Reannen8607 at 6:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• no he can't buthe can make it an aweful place 4 u to work...good luck!
    Anonymous

• He isn't by law supposed to fire a pregnant woman, so yeah you could go to the labor board if he does.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• No he can't fire you for being pregnant now if you lied to him aboutit then got the job then he probably could.
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yes, I am pregant. Got unltrasound report. Saw the embro

I am in California. How can I do if the wife insists to fire me?
    I dont have enough money to hire a lawyer.. where can i get help

pls help me , my dear
    kittyfat

Answer by kittyfat at 6:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Honestly if you havent worked there for 90 days your still in the insta-fire position. They can fire you for no real reason, and even now if they KNOW your preg. and want to fire you they could find a different reason like you were slow with your job, or just did poorly, came in late....or they couldnt "afford" to keep you....
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• theres no wayyyyy that he can fire u ! u can suit him for da !
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• This is blatant discrimination. I would contact the EEOC (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) to see if your employer meets the criteria (and falls under the anit-discrimination laws) and if so, file a complaint - it doesn't cost you anything.

If not, make sure to document everything (dates, times, statements made, anyone else that overheard, etc. etc.). This way, if you have no recourse and he does fire you, you'll have the information you need if he were to fight the unemployment claim.
    Laura65

Answer by Laura65 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Unless you are unable to perform the job that you were hired to do they cannot fire you for being pregnant. That's discrimination and illegal.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2009