How do I get my sewing machine to work right?

I just got my mom's sewing machine from my sister's house. It hasn't been used in like at least 6 yrs. But it's been kept stored and still together how it should be. Well I tried to use it the other night and thought I remembered how to use it. Big problem: the front sews fine but when you flip it over the underneath stitching is a mass of thread. It's like long loops that just aren't getting pulled tight or something. At least that's how it looked. And mom is no longer here to fix it for me.... Anyone know what to do???

LilMomma1216

Asked by LilMomma1216 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You need to rethread your bobbin and load it counter clockwise. ;-)
    Kodeekins

Answer by Kodeekins at 8:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Um yeah...this is "the sister" u are talking about and....WHY DIDN'T U ASK ME??? LOL That happened with mine the other day so I totally know how to fix it...don't u remember me finally conquering the bobbin last week??? I kicked its butt! LOL I cannot believe u go to CM before me? I am insulted!! LOL love ya sis...hope it's working okay now....I wouldn't know cuz u haven't told me...even though I am just a phone call away and live right down the street, but okay... lol
    no-drama-momma

Answer by no-drama-momma at 10:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009