What does THIS mean??

Exodus 22
22:23 If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;
22:24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

--Faithful4ever

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• if you dont care then dont answer!
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 9:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Shouldn't that have more context to it? ie:the preceeding verse of E22:22Do not take advantage of a widow or an orphan.
    Anonymous

• okay I'm a Christian and you are pulling scriptures out of the OT and not in context with the full passage and what it was referring to.
    Anonymous

• It's not that difficult. These passages are God's laws for society. It is simply saying if you take advantage of a widdow or an orphan you will deal with God's wrath. Please read the whole passage.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• who cares
    Icpjuggalette

Answer by Icpjuggalette at 8:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• when read in context, God doesnt take kindly to ppl screwing over widows or orphans, prolly cause they've suffered enough & were easy targets back then. i find this to be very Karma-like...if you harm a widow or orphan God will make your wife a widow & your children orphans...seems pretty clear.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• ...so ...God will kill you? ...
    Anonymous

• ...so ...God will kill you? ...
    ----------------
    Yes, His judgment is right and true. We are His creations and He will do what He will do. He is a God of justice, and vengeance belongs to Him. He will leave no deed (good or evil) unrewarded in the end.(Romans 6:23)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:27 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• IT doesn't neccessarily mean he will smit you were you stand, but, let's face it, there are some things that are worse then death. It's kinda like a child molester getting prostate cancer. The one thing they use to cause harm is taken away from them, get it?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• I would say
    22:23 means if you wrong people God will hear about it
    22:24 means don't forget God has the power to wipe you out if you piss him off
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 20, 2009