Texas school banned skinny jeans, good or bad & why?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/education/stories/111909dnmetskinnypants.2ce11307c.html?nTar=OPUR

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Skinny jeans on fat people suck. I don't wear skinny jeans because I have big hips. Make me look like an ice cream cone.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Hey I'm all for banning boys from wearing skinny jeans ever in their life!! But that's just me. They make it sound like this boy had a plumbers smile going and that's why they told him to change. But I don't know, the responses to this question will be interesting.
    Anonymous

• But in the Mesquite school district, the pants are banned outright. The district, which boasts one of North Texas’ most conservative dress codes, only this year granted female teachers per mission to wear open-toed shoes and male teachers the right to sport facial hair.

Why is it so hard to follow the RULES.  If you have a problem with the RULES try and get them changed. Otherwise sit down. Shut up. and do your SCHOOL WORK.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• When I was in jr high, our student council fought for the right to wear shorts when it was over 80 degrees. It was explicitly against the dress code, but they made their case and won, so we were allowed to where them if it was hot enough. When I was in high school, there was a huge wave of anti-gang changes to the dress code, including wearing any kind of baseball hat. This did not sit well with the farm boys who I think even slept in their hats. They made their case to the school board and won, and that portion of the dress code was changed (hats were ok but must be facing front).

Thing is, there weren't any issues about precious little snowflake purposely showing up at school to break the dress code so they and their parents could whine about how unfair it was. The codes were changed and THEN people wore what they wanted. How sad is the generation of whiney, entitled brats being raised that can't do the same?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• AMEN Np.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 6:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i hate skinny jeans.. but i hate it more the way they are worn now off the butt..i find it disgusting.

and then again i find it funny... i wonder how in the world these guys would run if needed to.. with hip fallen jeans and unlaced sneakers. LOLOLOL..

i would be glad to see a ban on them.. just like i would be happy to see a ban on extra tight girl clothes and short see through things to.. but im more on the ultra conservative side of dress.. not to mention im a muslim who wears hijab from head to toe. LOLOLOL
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 7:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Skinny jeans on a male=yuck.
    Anonymous

• Rules are rules; but those rules are just too extreme. I'm glad the mom is going to be homeschooling. She is right, school is for learning, not worrying about what the kids are wearing.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Rules are rules. He can always seek to change them.

On the other hand..............I saw pics of the kid in his jeans and they looked far better than the jeans I have seen on teenagers around here! I don't know how they walk with their pants around their knees!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• She is right, school is for learning, not worrying about what the kids are wearing.

Follow the rules and there is no worry :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009