why naked?

son always wants to be naked. he also loves dress up and if hes an animal he has to be naked...he just has no idea that being naked can be inapropriate and not ok at times...also do you think its ok to allow this at home? oh, and he is behind on speech and explaining things to him does not really do the trick

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• How old is ur son?
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I think it's okay; but he needs to know not to do it in public or when company is over at the house. I would try to keep his clothes on him...but I'm sure other moms see no problem with it.
    Anonymous

• As long as he doesn't do it in public or when company is around, it is not a big deal to me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I agree with the other moms. It's okay if hes at home and no company is around. I would make sure to explain to him why the house is the only ok palce for that too. He needs to understand the boundaries. But I personally don't blame him. I too enjoy being free and naked.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 9:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My daughter always wants to run around in her underpants. She is 4.5. I don't blame her but have started putting my foot down. I tell her she has to wear something even if it is a nightgown. Especially during the day if someone were to come to the door I wouldn't want her to be running half naked. But otherwie it is normal. I wish I could run around naked too LOL
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 11:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my 3 yo daughter is the same way. Well she wears a shirt but no pants or underwear. We told her if it's just me and her at home It doesn't matter but when we go out, have company oy the guys are home she has to have at least underwear on. Why fight it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Both my 2 and 3 year old sons prefer to be in there underwear in the house. As soon as they come home the clothes come off. I think it is normal.
    jenbarnes

Answer by jenbarnes at 9:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2009