Do You agree with Carrie Prejean?

So after seeing her state that she doesn't feel any conflict between her devot Christian faith and her plastic surgery; I did some reading; and I find conflict.

Wondering what others think?

Genesis
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
1 Peter
Do not let your adorning be external—the braiding of hair and the putting on of gold jewelry, or the clothing you wear— but let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious.
1 Corinthians
Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• as a Christian I do not think plastic surgery in and of it self is a sin or wrong... it just depends on the persons reasons for getting the plastic surgery.

Also, the last scripture posted about our bodies being the temple of the Holy Spirit is not talking about what we put on, eat, tattoo, piercings etc.. it's talking about sexual sins.. go up two verses and it will give you the correct context.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the anon above about the verses. But for me as a Christian the only way I would consider plastic surgery would be to fix a major defect or injury. I am concerned about any Christian who has so bought into the myth that physical beauty equals value and that they know better than God does. God made you just the way He wanted you. He loves you and that should be enough.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 7:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Prejean is a joke. I mean she claims to be against homosexuality all the while posing for porn. Hypocrite.
    Anonymous

• She seems like a woman who will capitalize on whatever makes her more famous. Cherry picking at its finest.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• "She seems like a woman who will capitalize on whatever makes her more famous. Cherry picking at its finest. "

Ditto this. What a hypocrite! She likes to point fingers, and judge others, but doesn't want to be judged herself? She should try being less righteous.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• No her mom needs to smack her in the mouth.

myzero

Answer by myzero at 7:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I think she's got issues, too.

She's so righteous - yet poses half naked, is half plastic, and video tapes herself fondling herself.

Oh, but gay people shouldn't get married.... 'cause that's against her beliefs.

Yeah... okay.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• She uses her California funded ASSets to attempt to keep American citizens from equal rights all the while posing nude. Yea she is full of herself.....and silcone and probably butt fat too. LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Carrie Prejean sounds like someone who isn't real knowledgeable about the Christian relgion but knows for sure about homosexuality being a sin. As an individual person, Prejean has the right to stand up for marriage between a man and woman, if that is what she wants to stand up for. If I could I would tell her how her breast inlargement isn't Christian like, but I would tell her nice job standing up for heterosexual marriage.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous
    as a Christian I do not think plastic surgery in and of it self is a sin or wrong... it just depends on the persons reasons for getting the plastic surgery.

What do you mean what we put on, eat, tattoos, piercings, etc., don't matter?! Don't kid yourself and others. If we are not even to wear expensive clothes and expensive jewelry....what make you think we can have ourselves decorated with permanent ink, etc.? Wow are you deceived.
    Anonymous