Can pregnancy trigger an ulcer?

I'm 2mos along, I have bad heart burn that seems to extend into my stomach. I didn't think you could feel that burning in your stomach only your esophogaus. I've always been healthy and I never have heartburn unless I'm pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, my doctor had me checked for that and gall stones, b/c I was having pains.
    Anonymous

• OP here..  How did they check? Was it invasive? Was your pain very significant or more like a nuisance that keeps you up at night. My pain seems to flare up if I eat more than a small meal( a piece of toast or a banana), its hard to control my portions because my pregnancy is stimulating my appetite. Thanks for listening.

Anonymous

• Graze throughout the day. Carry TUMS. That's been my strategy. I eat something tiny every 2 hours.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2009