My daughter is going to the midnight premier of New Moon tonight!!!

Anyone jealous? Tee hee! Team Edward btw! She is 13 and a huge "Twihard!" I have never let her do anything like this before but she is such a good girl and has earned it. I am so excited for her and just wanted to share! Comments welcomed! I know there are a ton of you out there "in love w/a fictional character" too! So let me know and have fun! Bye ladies!

momrocks1000

Asked by momrocks1000 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats soo funny.... My daughter called for tickets and the whole area is SOLD OUT!!!!!!! Now she has to wait til tomorrow....bummer...
    littlewolf

Answer by littlewolf at 7:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Im sooo jealous!!! Lol team Jacob!!!
    soon2bma

Answer by soon2bma at 7:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I'm going. Leaving here in about half an hour to get with my peeps and scope out the lines. We got our tickets about a month ago. Super Fun!
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Oh, how fun for her!

I remember when I was her age and girls in school were SO PISSED at their parents 'cause they wouldn't let them go see NKOTB on a schoolnight LOL -- but I was there! 3 times back in the day.... 12 times just this past year :-)

Ya gonna let her skip school tomorrow, too? ... or will she be a walking zombie all day? Hehe
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yeah, I want to go!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I got to go to the NKOTB school night concerts but only if I went to school the next day. We even earned skip days in my family, one per marking period for good grades, but I wasn't allowed to use it for an after concert day. lol.

Lucky, 12 times! I only went three this past year. Couldn't get out of state.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 7:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I do want to see this with my daughter, 15, for pure entertainment and the visuals. Fun! We've discussed this movie and the book series which we both read, at length. Have you read the books? You might, at a later time, want to use this series as an opportunity to discuss the portrayal of Bella, the main character who is so obsessed with a boy that his leaving her sends her into a deep depression and then she proceeds to take almost suicidal risks because it summons up images of him. She cannot live a normal life without him, is utterly dependent upon him for her happiness, and then they have sex (last book, I think) where he "accidentally" hurts her, and she has his baby even knowing that doing so may kill her. Yeah, it's a popular and age old theme, falling for the "bad boy" and sacrificing much to be with him, I suppose, but not exactly what we want our daughters to idolize or emulate. (not that they necessarily would)
    Anonymous

• Lol! Loving your replies ladies! I had to think twice about the NKOTB ~ took me back, sighhhh....

Keep 'em coming ladies!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Anon :47 makes a good point. That's why we're Team Jacob in this house!. <3
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2009