My baby wont take naps . . .

My son is 8 months old and was a great sleeper until recently. He was sleeping through the night for over 3 months and taking up to 3 hours in naps during the day. Now he wont take more than a 20-30 minute nap during the day and is up during the night as well. He is tired but just wont sleep, i tried letting him cry it out and even that didnt work it just upset him more. How can i help him to sleep better during the day and night ?

kalebsmommy309

Asked by kalebsmommy309 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hey how many teeth does he have? My son did the exact same thing and on is one year check up he had 12 teeth and she said that was not normal. So I'm guessing it had a lot to do with his teeth. How many does your son have right now?
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• And my son is now 14 months old and has his two more growing in and he is not sleeping as well as he was. So I betcha that has something to do with it!
    smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You just wait... it could be any number of things from teething, to separation anxiety to growing... he'll get over it on his own, we really have very little control over their sleep habits.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 7:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• He has 2 teeth right now but is chewing his fingers more during the day.
    kalebsmommy309

Answer by kalebsmommy309 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• When you figure it out let me know. Haha. I have a 3 1/2 month old and he was taking 3 hour naps during the day as well but all of a sudden he just stopped! He will fall asleep if I'm rocking him but when I go to put him down he wakes up! I even tried holding him the whole time he was asleep but he always wakes up within 20 mins or so. He cries and rubs his eyes all day because he's sooo tired but he just keeps fighting it! Thank God he is still only waking up once during the night but I have no idea what is going on with his naps.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• This is normal at this age. Try getting a Moby Wrap and carrying him for a couple of hours. It may be a bit of a workout, but it may get him to sleep--on you.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2009