How can I take proper care of my 18mos old when I'm so weak from morning sickness?

The hardest part is getting up in the morning and changing my DD's diaper without throwing up. I'm so scared I'm going to faint with her on the table that I've started changing her on the floor. I manage to keep her fed and clean because I have to, but I feel like I'm neglecting her because I can't play with her. She's kooped up in the house all day, I feel like she's missing critical stimulation for her development. I just don't know what to do, I'm constantly weak and as silly as it sounds (because I'm always with her), I miss her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will only be sick a short time and it won't hurt her development. It sounds like you are being careful. Try to get others to play with her. You may need to hire someone to come in a couple of hours a day to help with the house so you can rest and take care of your toddler.

The World Health Organization recommends waiting 3 years after having a baby before ttc. This is for the mother's health and the developing baby. I know it's too late now but for next time.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You just do. I went through it with my two year old and we survived somehow. I finally relented and watched tv with her--educational programs--and the days I was feeling up to it, take her out to the library or just to run around out side. The neighbor girls doted on my daughter so I'd let her play with them for a little bit, even sweetend the deal sometimes with freeze pops for everyone and Goldfish. You can still meet her developemental needs from the couch. Read and do flash cards, counting, sorting, etc.. just ask your husband to take her outside whenever he can - I made that my husband's main chore. It was long and rough, but you really have no other choice but to roll your sleeves up and do it.
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• oh darling!!!! Its ok hopefully you won't be sick to much longer. Remember your not the first mom to do this and you want be the last. Do you have any friends or family close that could help out?? Maybe just try reading her books and watching educational tv.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 8:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• it will pass. i know it feels like it won't but it will pass and you can do it. sounds like you are making adjustments already like changing on the floor. good luck and i sooo hope you feel better soon :)
    Anonymous