Christians when celebrating Christmas

what is the major focus point? Out of all the gifts, decorations, food, family and prayers what is you "reason for the season? "

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I love all of it!!!
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• The birth of Jesus. We go to a Christmas Eve service to remind the children of that, and for Christmas dinner we always have a Happy Birthday Jesus cake for dessert where we light candles and sing "Happy Birthday" to make sure the little ones understand why we celebrate.

Answer by missanc at 7:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My attitude towards Christmas is slightly sour compared to my husbands family's. My family is on the same page with me. We all think Christmas has been warped into something other than Jesus. Now it takes away from the glory of God. Instead God has been replaced with presents and Santa. My family and I could care less about the presents. One or two is nice or one in particular but I don't like receiving a bunch of Junk which often happens in hubby's family. I'm glad to hear this year his sisters decided only presents for the kids. I do enjoy hanging out with the family but the food sucks because his step moms stomach condition. I don't recall any part in the Bible directing us to decorate a tree. I take Christmas mildly. I will be one to teach my child to say "Jesus blessed me with this!" not "Santa got me this." I do enjoy the coziness and the lights but I am dissapointed by all the materialism and the Santa thing.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 8:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Well I think that Jesus is definately the Reason for the Season. We make sure our children know what Christmas is about and what it stands for. I'm not saying we don't do the Santa thing b/c we do but our children are still young so they haven't outgrown it yet. But they know what Christmas as well as Easter is all about and that it isn't just about Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.
    momwifelove

Answer by momwifelove at 2:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2009