Has anyone gotten the Leapfrog Leapster for their child at age 3?

My hubby and rest of my family are disputing with me over whether or not we should get our twins who turned 3 in Oct the Leapsters for Christmas. When we are at friends houses who have them they love them! I don't think that they have figured out what they are really doing yet, but I'm sure with time they will. What do you think?

betsystipo

Asked by betsystipo at 8:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I've got one for my 3 yo. He loves it
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My now 4 year old has a DS (well the ds was mine but she took it over) and a v smile pocket....she likes the DS much better and has been playing it for a year and a half now there are alot of games she can play that teach her too like dora
    Anonymous

• My almost 4 year old has had one for a year. He's beat just about every game we have. My 5 year old was bored with it at 4. (he has a DS now)

Maybe get the Leapster 2? I think it has more available now and some online, too....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My son is 3 and he's had one for a while. My oldes got one when he turned 5 for his BD, back last september. And my youngest always wanted it, thus the fighting, so my inlaws got it for him for Christmas last year. Now they both have one, and games to go with it, and they love them! He may not know how to do things in the beginning on it, but once he plays around with it, he'll LEARN, and he'll love it!!!!!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My 3 year old has the Leapster 2. My MIL bought it for him a while back. He is just now figuring how what to do. But he LOVES it!
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2009