Help me swallow this one!

I am the mother of a beautiful daughter who will be 19 in January. She has had a boyfriend for about a year. The other day she came to me and told me she has decided to take their relationship to the sexual level. She asked that I make her an appointment with my gynie for an exam and to discuss birth control options. I am so thankful that she trusted me when I told her I may not like it but it beats having they I'm pregnant conversation. She is a senior, gets great grades and is a warm wonderful person. BUT, SHE IS STILL MY BABY!! Please tell me how to accept the fact that my daughter is a woman? I made the appointment for Dec 8th, but I cannot get used to this idea. How do you let go????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter is 17... and you will never let go and let her grow up! You will always be worried and want to make sure she's alrite... I agree, it's better than the Mom, I'm pregnant story. I'm 39 and my mother still calls and worrys!!! I think she would check my bed if she could...lol
    Good luck and have faith and trust in her! After all, she came to you for help.... When my daughter came to me, that told me I did my job well as her Mom and she trusts me.....
    Anonymous

• It is her body, it is her life, she is been responsible you did a good job as a mom. So just think that children don't belong to you, they are not yours. They are a gift for not an eternal one. The natural way of things is they grow and make their own choices with their own lives. The sooner you accept that fact the better your relationship with your adult child will be. Key word here: Adult child.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 8:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• As a mom of 2 Girls now 24 and 23 I have done all I can do,  taught them right from wrong, made them learn all the stuff like housekeeping, work ethics and balance a checkbook let them do their own thing but be there when the bumps come along which will happen and have money on hand. She will always be ur baby as all of mine are but seeing them as adults  doing what makes them happy and that I have raised them to be Good people is my proudest moment.

My hardest child to let go is my oldest son but he is in the ARMY and knowing stuff about what he can and will go through I am in mommy mode I will write hima note and he will be home lol. My girls love them just the same but they will be close to home. It will be ok she sounds like a good girl it will be ok, just be there when she does need you never judge just let her know what you think

myzero

Answer by myzero at 8:24 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• My daughter is 32 and has been married for 10 years. You never stop worrying. She will always be your baby no matter how old she gets. My mom called me baby girl until the day she died.
    Anonymous

• Just be thankful she came to you. That says a lot about how she was raised. You must be a good mother. You will never let go. For me it is my dad....He always checks on me and I am 37.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 9:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009