How can I conceal the dark circles under my eyes without looking all cakey?

Application tips/Product tips?? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I saw on a makeover show that you are supposed to put a shade lighter than your normal skin color, of concealer under your eyes. They also have eye brightening makeup at drug stores I believe.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• You should get bare minerals. They have something to cover up everything and its good for your skin.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• There is an off-brand of Bare Minerals that is less expensive and I SWEAR by it - its called Bare Essentials. It is still a better brand than the grocery store rip offs but still costs less than Bare Minerals. Its AMAZING. It covered my post-baby acne like magic, and did wonders for the no-sleep post-baby dark circles for me, too.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 9:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i use foundation instead of actual concealer because it is thinner.and recently i've been using covergirl fresh complexion concealer in a tube with a little stick applicater and that is a great consistancy.i have hereditary dark circles so i have tried different things.i like to also use self tanner on my face (around the eyelids not on them)this too makes the lower and upper lids look lighter in comparison to the rest of your face. the brands listed above are supposed to be really nice i think I am going to try them!
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 9:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I use a concealer stick from covergirl. looks like a tube of lipstick and it awesome. I never used it til a few weeks ago. True get a shade lighter than you skin tone. then apply it under the eye and any other blemishes, then i rub it in with TP , then apply the rest of your makeup as usual
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:26 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Color specific concealer is what I'd recommend. Just as applying a green-tinted concealer to blemishes hides them better, a yellow-tinted concealer balances the blue/purple color under eyes. Look for a creamy consistency too. The color and consistency mean you apply much less concealer so you avoid that cakey look. Physician's Formula has a great one for under eye circles.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:38 AM on Nov. 20, 2009