Somali woman stoned to death under Islamic law. Is this the faith of peace and love?

The divorced woman was accused of adultery. She was buried to her waist and stoned to death in front of a crowd of about 200. Her accused lover received 100 lashes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8366197.stm

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 9:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• "I'm not following what you are referring to with peace and love... and if you are referring to what I think you are saying, maybe you could have the balls to actually say it... just sayin...."

LOL Your a Bright one huh...
    the Anon. Person wants to talk about the Poster not having Balls LOL!!!!
    babonwy

Answer by babonwy at 10:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:00 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I'm not following what you are referring to with peace and love... and if you are referring to what I think you are saying, maybe you could have the balls to actually say it... just sayin....
    Anonymous

• I don't understand what you are saying anon, lacking balls is one thing I have never been accused of.

I will be happy to share my thoughts. Americans tend to be tolerant of others, especially where religion is concerned. They have defended the Islamic faith, even in the face of brutal attacks against American citizens. You will hear things like, "that is not Islam", "Islam teaches love, it teaches peace"............ But, Islam itself proves different. Have we as Americans gone over the poltically correct edge, have we fallen so far over that we not only ignore atrocities such as this stoning, but by our silence condone it?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i have to say that this is part of Allah's punishment for those who commit this kind of crime. they explained the differnce between the man and the women.

you may find the stoning barbaric but it's not outside the law of God.

I must confess that i have issues with death penalties long before i came into islam. because here in the US death penalty are given to alot of people who are later found to be innocent. So it left a lasting impression in my mind of unjust actions/punishment.

I am trying to work out within my limited brain that Allah's command has to be followed because it is part of his commandments and we can't go around cherrypicking.

It surprises me that people still commit these crimes knowing the outcomes.. same with stealing and raping.

rape in these countries are punishable by death also. not so barbaric.

May Allah have mercy on her soul. and guide the brother to be a better muslim.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Stoning was part of Ot also.. it only changed with Paul and the New testament
    Anonymous

• But the Christian faith is so kind and loving and wonderful happy flower rainbows Jesus time?

And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

If there be found among you ... that ... hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them ... Then shalt thou ... tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5

I guess you better strap me to a plank and stone me now. The Bible and the Quaran are distant cousins.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Oh wait! This one is about stoning your kids if they disobey you.

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21
    caitxrawks

• special islam does teach love and peace and it also teaches mankind about punishment not by our own desire but by the Law of God. there really isn't a contradiction though i could see why you would think there is.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• thanks Cait for those biblical verses. I assume that people will say tht they are no longer necessary sins Jesus died for their sins. i didn't know the one about the kids. Islam does not have any prescribed punishment for kids as they are sinless until after puberty.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 9:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2009