Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it wrong for me to tell my soon to be ex husband that I hate him?

I've tried to handle our split up gracefully. But today he told me that he doesn't love our child and does not want to see or provide support. He said he is just being honest. I hung up the phone and I blocked his phone number so he cannot contact me. But I really want to tell him exactly how I feel in an email. He never lets me get a word in edgewise anyway. My chest has been tight all day. I'm so angry and hurt. I can't stop crying.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (11)
  • Sure let him have it

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • Do not stoop to his level. Yet. Wait tell he (if he ever does)wants to see his child. Then tell him NO you can not. Make him go to court to see the child, then you can get child support from him. Or more if you are getting it now.

    Answer by louise2 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • Do not send him a nasty email, he can use it against you

    Answer by Gealach at 10:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • Wait until the everything is legal the papers are signed and you're a free women. Then go after the worthless peice of shit deadbeat.

    Answer by jrsjrb at 10:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • No, don't say anything. Your feelings are valid but smile and know that he will have to pay child support whether he wants to or not! He is just trying to hurt you. Only you can allow that to happen. He's obviously and idiot who wants to control and manipulate you. If you just have to spew it out, type it in a text file and save it but don't send it.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:47 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • fuck that guy. you dont need him.

    Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:49 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • the email can be used against u , but do tell him on the phone , even if it takes a lot of tries the kind of asshole taht he is ,

    is not fair for you to hold it in , specially the part where he says he doesnt love your child and the child support thing .

    im getting divorce too and like i tell ma asshole husband and everyone else IM A MOTHER BEFORE A WOMAN !

    Answer by happymom1988 at 11:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009


    Answer by happymom1988 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • Don't say one bad word to his face, behind his back, in front of the kids OR in any written email or phone conversation ( he could record it and use it against you )

    Emails with full headers MAY be of some use if from him as it will show where the original message came from and if they tried to alter it, it will IF, IF and a BIG IF it is that court subpoeaned say Yahoo,hotmail or which ever email service you use,they will have record of the orginal cuz it takes months to get it from them, but it can happen if a Judge wants to see it and it can be signifigant enough to use in a court of law.

    Usually, less is more! Remember that one.

    Put it in court papers of HOW he is allowed to contact you, ask the courts. If you have kids then ask for a mediator to set up visitation times and figure out a way for communication.

    Good luck

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

  • Start a journal, write it all in there, keep it private. I actually created a fake e-mail address and I'd "pretend" to write my ex there. It helped with getting it all out.

    Answer by Pristine_Dream at 12:25 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.