Baby food

I keep reading posts of other moms that do like "2 veggies for dinner" or "2 fruits for breakfast". Does this mean 2 JARS!!!??? My 7 month old daughter really I feel only takes a few bites...probably about 1/4 of the jar...is this ok???

dorie84

Asked by dorie84 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 6 month old son eats a whole container of fruit stage 1 and cereal for breakfast and dinner and then sometimes i give him a fruit or veggie for lunch
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• For the first year breastmilk or formula is the most important food. Fruit, veggies, and cereal are just to provide a few more vitamins and to get them use to different flavors. She is fine with just a small amount. I don't even start my babies on cereal until they are 6 months old.
    Anonymous

• My son didn't really eat a whole jar.. he loved the baby food applesauce though.. My Dr. told me at that age that as long as he is drinking the proper amount of milk that everything else is just extra. he will get all of his vitamins from the breast milk/ or formula..that does not mean stop feeding him though! Another thing my doctor; also told me was to introduce him to different things slowly because all that new stuff cold make his tummy upset and make him not want to eat..Try one fruit or veggie for acouple days then try something new and then give him both...My son is 14 months old and still wont get all of his food!

smarie1011

Answer by smarie1011 at 10:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• I don't get it either... my 8 month old doesn't eat jar food but he definitely eats less than a jars worth a day. I feel it's my job as mom to make sure he's getting the majority of his nutrition from milk still because it's healthiest for him.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:02 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Yes, it's fine, Dorie. Breastmilk or formula is the primary food all the way to the first birthday.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:17 AM on Nov. 20, 2009