Bigger babies

Has anyone found with their bigger babies that they tend to do physical things later? My son is really long..He is 7.5 months old and I think he looks about 9 months old.....

So far
*he can roll everywhere but after he started to look like he wanted to scoot around 6 months, he stopped. now he just whines until he is picked up
*sit unassisted but he doesnt understand that he needs to continue to support himself, he will throw his body backwards so I always have to hold his back..and he still will slowly lean sideways and fall

Maybe bc bigger babies have bigger heads to hold up?
He chatters all day long, screams and yells to get my attention and he laughs and laughs constantly...so hes very playful and vocal

do you think he is just focusing on his vocal skills right now and not the moving, or do you think its bc he is bigger and it takes longer. just wanted some input from mommies who might have had bigger babies 2

CurvyMommato1

Asked by CurvyMommato1 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby is different, whether it is small or big...some preemies even milestone faster than their full term counterparts. It all depends on the child. :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• my daughter was the same way she didnt start doing much of anything till she was about nine months old when he wants picked up dont pick him up let him do it he will eventually get the point i know it sounds aweful but thats what i had to do for her to start i got in the floor and worked with her all the time but never held her unless i was feeding loving or carrying her into the store
    ashley780

Answer by ashley780 at 11:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• i agree with mamaroberts. my daughter has always been in the 95th percentile for height and weight, and she crawled and walked early (walking at 9.5 months). She doesn't have any hair or teeth yet though.. LOL.. she's just very active and engaged. Different kids develop in different ways, but I wouldn't say it's from their height or weight, it's just how they are!
    SavvyMomma1809

Answer by SavvyMomma1809 at 3:19 AM on Nov. 20, 2009