how can i break my son that is almost 2 from being such a momma boy?

i cant go to the bathroom without him there i cant go to work with out him trying to get out the door with me everytime i try to go to work he grabs my leg. my daughter was not like this at all and when he is sittin on my lap no one can come near me not even my daughter. he tries to sleep with us and he fights with me to sleep in his own bed. what can i do i have to break him before my new baby gets here in april

ashley780

Asked by ashley780 at 11:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OH for petes sake. He is still a baby. Let him be one.
    Anonymous

• My son did that. I just put up with it. He quit being so protective after a month. Its just a phase.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 11:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• Stay home and let him feel more secure. Yeah.. If only it were that simple. Beats me though, he's one. He needs to be a momma's boy!
    Anonymous

• yea. i don't think there is much you can do about it. He's still a baby and he loves you.

However, there are ways that you can prevent any prolonging of this behavior. When it is time for you to go. Tell him that you have to leave, and that you will be back later. That you love him and you think of him even while you are away. Then kiss and hug him. And then leave. Don't look back. don't doddle. once you say goodbye get out!
    Whatever you do, don't try to sneak out. This will only increase his fear of you leaving.

As far as sleeping in his own bed. Just be consistent. Keep putting him back. over ...and over ...and over again. Do not talk to him (unless it's clear he had a nightmare or something). Just keep putting him back.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2009

• that sounds like a 2 yr old, not a problem. Yeah, your daughter didn't do that... but your daughter is a compleatly different child. My two year old daughter will sit at the bathroom door and cry if I don't invite her in, she cries when I walk out the door... she is a normal 2 yr old. Don't worry, he will grow out of this clingy faze... before you know it, he won't want anythign to do with you!!! Just wait till he is five going on 15!!! enjoy that he wants you now...
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:28 AM on Nov. 20, 2009

• Wait. He'll grow out of it on his own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on Nov. 20, 2009